Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Mint app

Nov. 14, 2018

Introduction


I did google search personal finance article and then learned that Min app is very popular. So I use it to connect all my accounts. I like to share my user experience and see what I can learn from the app.

First time Mint app user


I decided to make November my personal finance month. Since I learned my mistake in 2014 October, I was too busy to work on my person finance project. I do not give enough attention to investment, personal finance, buy low sell high, money rules. I missed the opportunity to purchase a condo in Abbotsford in 2015.

So many mistakes in my personal finance management. I totally forgot one account in USA and then got charged dormant account over two years, and then I finally stopped to pay dormant account fee.

I could not find my loan application in 2011,  I could not recall the loan amount, what was bank's evaluation.

As a person to work on problem solving skills, I know that it is a red flag. I should spend time to do those easy things very well, then I will have chance to make big profit on real estate investment.

I also need to have product management experience, come out the idea for the app to make my life easy to manage the account using the feature like Mint.

From my personal mistake, I should come out the idea and then search Google, it should take less than 10 minutes to come out the creative idea like using Mint to manage personal finance.

I will search ideas how to avoid same mistake to miss the investment opportunity like Abbotsford, using common sense of buy low sell high and just apply simple analysis of market.

One thing I can do is to educate myself, spend time on the personal finance. I decided to use Mint app right away today once I read the article to give recommendation.

Statistics


My dormant account charge is three years $7.50 dollar from 2014 to 2016. Total is around $300 US dollars.



No comments:

Post a Comment