Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Advice from my friend Dr. Jin

August 28, 2019

Introduction


It is most important advice from my friend Dr. Jin, weight control and stay healthy. I met Dr. Jin on August 19 and we spent one hour to have short conversation.

Advice from my friend


I told my friend that I came to California and had an onsite interview from Facebook. She was so surprised. 

Dr. Jin told me that there are three stages to plan, 52 years to 60 years, 60 years old to 67 years old, 67 years old and beyond.

Here are some facts about weight.

Dr. Jin, 165 cm, weight is around 140 lb.
Julia, 167 cm, weight is around 184 lb.

I weigh 40 lbs more.

How to save to prepare for retirement?


It is topic we discussed together. How can we save money in order to be able to retire?

Dr. Jin is a project manager for Johnson and Johnson. Compared to her job, her income and her job experience, I am the real player to challenge the game. She got Ph.D. degree back in 2003 from University of Michigan, but I did not make it even though I spent more years on Florida Atlantic university graduate study from 2002 to 2012.

I like the challenge and that is the reason I was so excited to meet instgram team in Meno Park campus.

From 2001 to 2019


We met back in 2001, and we attended the same church. We used to be roommates more than 10 months.

Dr. Jin left Florida around in 2004, and I left Florida in 2010.

Four meetings together

2008
I visited San Francisco in 2008 when Dr. Jin invited me to stay at her house, and we went together to visit Google and Yahoo campus together. She also invited a lot of Chinese friends to have lunch together who used to study or work in Florida.

I went back to China and F1 visa in Shanghai. Here is the blog.

2010
My friend and I stopped by Pleasant in 2010 April when we drove from Florida to Vancouver, 4500 miles road trip.

2014
I met Dr. Jin in 2014 when I visited my sister and my nephew.

2019
Now it is the fourth time we met together last 10 years. We used to be roommate from 2000 to 2001 in the city of Boca Raton, Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment