Sunday, January 19, 2020

The art of readable code - book review

January 19, 2020

Introduction


It is so hard for me to find my writing back in 2014. I did not write so often and I am lucky to find my writing on my Linkedin.com.

The book recommendation


The following is written by me back in 2014.

Code review, rewrite

Jul 2014
Project description
Two month fan of the book - The art of readable code, from August - Oct. 2014; and then, started to practice code review, change the code to make it readable. Big fan of DRY (Do not repeat yourself) principle, do one thing a time, break giant expression, using explaining variable or summary variable, and abstract the thing to a function, extract a subproblem to a function. Training with great mind, like tennis sport, is a good practice. The book is coach's book with guidelines. Follow closely, in this 2014.
http://shop.oreilly.com/product/9780596802301.do


No comments:

Post a Comment