Sunday, November 22, 2020

Lalit Kundu: #CodingInterviewWeekly series: Exploring a dynamic programming and graphs Google interview

 Here is the link. 

You are in a matrix where each cell has some coins placed on it. You can move in either of the 4 directions (up, left, right, bottom) where the movement is possible only if the cell you want to move to has strictly greater number of coins than your current cell. You can start from any cell. What is the maximum length of the path you can move? 

Let's also try a follow-up: Find a cell from which maximum number of cells are reachable using the rules we've mentioned. 

Leetcode 329Longest Increasing Path in a Matrix, hard level algorithm. My last practice is on May 23, 2019.


I am preparing google onsite on Dec. 8, 2020. I watched the video again and agin, and after I spent time to go over Leetcode 329 Longest increasing path in a matrix (hard level), my last practice in 2019 and all other sharings, I started to understand your teaching much better. You covers so many topics: dp states, infinity loop, DAG, recursive function, best algorithm lesson in the world. I am really curious and like to learn more about hire and strong hire in last five minutes.

Hide reply
Probing with Lalit Kundu
Glad you find it useful - you're right, I have a habit of digressing into literally everything that's related to the crux of the problem :) In future videos, I will surely talk about various aspects of the interviews - such as interviewer ratings, implementation tips etc. - stuff that I haven't covered in this video.



No comments:

Post a Comment