Thursday, July 19, 2018

3 benefits to write easy level algorithms on Leetcode.com

July 19, 2018

Introduction


It is Thursday night, 10:06 PM. I like to spend 20 minutes to do a small research on working on Leetcode easy level algorithms.

I do not have a habit to write code every day. When my ex-coach told me this Tuesday that I should write 10 easy level algorithm a day, 10 to 15 minutes on one algorithm. Write 70 to 80 easy level algorithms first.

It is time for me to listen to my coach. He told me before June 6, 2018 when he coached me 10 session. I know that I am stubborn. It is not easy for me to accept the new idea, even though he was my coach. I did not practice and submit easy level algorithms.

30 minutes research


First of all, this is the idea from my ex-coach, write easy level algorithm every day. Why I need to write code every day, 10 to 15 minutes for one easy level algorithm?

I know that I have a bad habit first five years working on my current employer. Every time after the work, I stay at home, I may spend more than 30 minutes to read wenxuecity.com, or spend over one hour on wechat.com.

Here is the question on quora.com about "How do top programmer choose problems in online judges that improve their problem solving skills?". I plan to read as many answers from this ICPC world finalist who gave 119 answers.

I know that easy level algorithm is very good warmup, good for my brain and I can learn how to control my nerves very well through those algorithms. Online judge is a really good tool to challenge me to think hard and solve problems reported by online judge.

I will be very humble right away since I will have problems to solve easy level algorithms.

Last few days I solved two easy level algorithms. Both are my favorite ones.



Follow up 


July 30, 2018

It is time for me to understand how a person can perform 10 times better compared to myself. I can train myself using easy level algorithms.

I will see myself perform up and downs. Either within 5 minutes with eaze or struggling over 30 minutes, I will learn and improve and become a strong programmer in the long run.

It is time for me to focus on more on crafting skills, test cases, edge cases, and be able to read, think, learn the algorithm every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment