Saturday, July 21, 2018

What is the best way to learn the algorithm?

July 21, 2018

Introduction


It is very good research topic for my Saturday afternoon. I spent whole day to study inside my home office, I tried to push myself hard before I go out to play tennis and relax myself. What is the best way to learn the algorithm?

I did come cross the blog in April and like to review 98 algorithm videos prepared by facebook engineer called basketballwang. Here is the link.

I like to push myself to write as many as easy level algorithms this weekend. Here is report generated by Leetcode.com:

111/861/ solved, Easy 33, Medium 48, Hard 30


Preparation


I like to try to take an approach to work on easy level algorithms this time. I really like the easy level algorithm. I can quickly learn something and do not stress me out too often. The learning time is so much fun and I definitely enjoy the experience.

I also like to learn how to push myself to solve problems as well.


My experience


I do like the algorithm and data structure problem solving. I can tell the big difference through my performance. I do not know when I develop so much on the coding skills. People ask me a few times how long it takes you to develop the skills.

I certainly enjoy to write code for algorithms.

I do see my weakness. I have to build my skills through those Leetcode easy level algorithms. I like to the statistics showing that I have solved Easy 50 algorithms, and I have solved more than 120/ 861.

I created 10 blogs to prepare myself to watch 10 videos out of 95 algorithms prepare by a Facebook engineer this past April 2018. But I was too busy to watch any. Here is my blog link.


Learn to push myself hard


I will figure out ways to push myself hard. I am getting better on this way to train myself using Leetcode easy level algorithms. There are hundreds of easy level algorithm, and every time I submit online judge, I learn how to deal with the feedback and fix the problem right away.

Here is the code I wrote and submitted on Leetcode online judge this Saturday 7/21/2018 from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM.



I wrote four algorithms, one dynamic programming called house robber, another one called unique paths II, and then I wrote one called Merge sorted array, and last one is called intersection of two arrays.

Here is my favorite icon to show how many problems I have solved up to 6:08 PM, 7/21/2018. I like to make training simple, solve 10 more easy level algorithm next.


Follow up 


July 26, 2018
Best way to learn the algorithm is to work on Leetcode easy level algorithm first. If I learn so many ways to solve easy level algorithms, it is so easy to use one of methods to solve a medium level or hard level algorithm.

If I can solve an easy level algorithm very well, it opens the door for a medium level or hard level algorithm.


Sept. 13, 2018

Leetcode 897 algorithms

Easy 265 / Medium 437 / Hard 195

May 9, 2019
Leetcode solved algorithms

Total: 1036

Easy 212 Medium 142 Hard 43

No comments:

Post a Comment