Thursday, September 6, 2018

Leetcode total submission study

Sept. 6, 2018

Introduction


It is called total submissions. I like to find 10 role models on Leetcode practice website, and then I like to use this metric called total submissions to measure progress.

10 role models


1. Box Inc, Yong Su, the profile is here. Reputation 5409  - total submission: 5089
2. Facebook, Yangshun Tay, the profile is here.  Reputation 500  - total submission: 1743
3. Google, Tian Yuan, the profile is here. - total submission: 1475
4. IBM, Lee, the profile is here. Reputation is over 4000. Submission last year 1972. - total submission: 67674
5. Facebook, Yuan Tian, the profile is here. Reputation is 583. Submission last year 1161. solved 668/893. One of my favorite discuss is longest univalue path. - total submission: 3095
6. Naveen kumar, EMC, profile is here. One of his discuss is longest univalue path. he demonstrated good analysis the algorithm. - total submission: 1951
7. Shan Gao, Google, profile is here. Reputation is 4636. He demonstrated good proof in the algorithm called Array Partition I. Here is the sharing. - total submission: 3646
8. Microsoft, profile is here.  - total submission: 4134
9. Stefan Pochmann, over 20,000 reputation. The profile is here. - total submission: 14530


More submissions


I was so surprised that my submission is 710. I have 292 submissions in the last year.

Jianmin Chen, 9 reputation. The profile is here. - total submission: 710


My analysis based on the study


Those role models hold full time software programmer jobs, but they still find time to make thousand submission in the last years. They work for top software companies, like Google, Microsoft, Facebook, IBM. 

My argument is that I have to find excuses for myself lack of enough submissions. One thing I like to say is that I need coach's advice. Find right thing to do first. 

Second one is how to do it. My coach gave me the advice in July 10, 2018. Work on easy level algorithms first. 

I was thinking about designing drills for hard level algorithms, and evaluated myself to be good with easy and medium level algorithms. I did some campaign and wrote down my thought process through the blog. 


No comments:

Post a Comment