Sunday, March 24, 2019

How to read my Leetcode profile?

March 24, 2019

Introduction


It is my personal finance research. As a matter of fact, Amazon Vancouver finds candidates from China, Latin America since they search talents globally. I stayed in USA from 1996 to 2010, I stayed in Canada from 2010 to 2019. I also have to learn how to push myself by working with talents all over the world. Today I like to work on a short research how to read my Leetcode profile?

My Leetcode profile


Here is my leetcode profile on March 24, 2019.


I like to define the time line 5 spots:

May 2018 - Time line 1,
July 2018 - Time line 2
August 2018 - Time line 3
November 2018 - Time line 4
March 2019 - Time line 5

I like to write a few things for each time line, how I advance myself to next level, change target, analyze my own career and thinking process, Amazon leadership principle etc.

May 2018 - Time line 1


I finally decided to take risk and take one week vacation to SJTU 30 years reunion in Shanghai. I booked the flight and in the airport I got a message from LinkedIn.com from one Amazon recruiter.

Here is the blog. I had to book a phone screen after the vacation. I did book a phone screen in May and I passed the phone screen. I have two weeks to prepare an onsite in June in the city of Seattle. I hired a coach from Tsinghua university, a young graduate student met on pramp.com in January 2018. He solved over 500 algorithms, his ranking is around 5000.

I was told to work on easy level algorithms on leetcode.com. But I believe that I should learn how to solve hard level algorithms only. Coach told me a few times, work on easy level algorithms. I did not have time to work on easy level algorithms, two weeks preparation, full time job.

So the fact is that I only solved 120 algorithms from January 2015 to May 2018. And also I did not organize, write discussion panel or document the practice very well. So there is a lot of blank before May 2018.


June 2018 - Time line 2


After I went to Amazon onsite, I had a facebook phone screen set up before August 1. I continued to work on Leetcode easy level algorithms.


November 2018 - Time line 3


I have to wait another two years before I can apply Amazon. I decided to work on personal finance research. I like to do some research to solve real problems in my life. It is the first time I chose to work on personal finance research, it is painful experience since I reveal the real life of my personal finance.

March 2019 - Time line 4


I worked hundreds of hours on personal finance in holiday one week break last week of December 2018. I chose to continue to study personal finance. I only play Leetcode weekly contest.



No comments:

Post a Comment