Monday, September 21, 2020

Project management: 90% of investors are not good at project management, I am one of them

 Sept. 21, 2020

Introduction

I take risk to purchase NCLH and AAL last Friday when there are over 5% loss, but I did not set up stop loss before this Monday. Market crashed again, and I have big loss over $551.07 dollars. It is my habit, and it is also my project management skills. I like to write down my lesson. 

My preparation

Last Sunday night, I spent a few hours to prepare market open. I thought about revenge bet on Canadian oil stocks, and then my friend in wechat told me that prude oil price went down; I did not set purchase of all my $60,000 dollars cash. I studied what are revenge trade carefully. 

Next I thought about how to bet on oil stock in my IRA account. 

I know that investor likes to selloff since it is better to take profit and then run. I should set stop loss to prevent loss. I need to learn basics - how to protect the value of my portfolio. 

I need to focus on learning this skills. Ameritrade is free to buy and sell stocks. Also I made mistake to purchase extra 100 shares of NCLH. 


Actionable Items

My positions had over $600 losses in the early morning. 



No comments:

Post a Comment