Monday, September 21, 2020

Stop loss: Key largo Ameritrade.com account losses from over $600 to $400

 Sept. 21, 2020

Introduction

It takes a lot of mistakes for me to build a routine to stop big loss on my Ameritrade.com. I used to get those daily swing over $500 dollars a lot of times, but once I got educated and learned that it is most common mistake as a beginner investor, I like to write down my mistake every time until I can learn how to prevent it. 

Daily big loss over $600 dollars

I did purchase over $7000 dollars last Friday three stocks, INTC 70 shares, AAL 100 shares and 200 shares of NCLH. 

I did not learn the importance to prevent big loss, since AAL and NCLH are most speculated stocks right now. The losses can easily be over 5% to 8%. 

This Monday morning the crashes of market caused loss over $600 quickly. 


4 PM PST time


The stock market is full of gambling, manipulation and there is no discipline on stock price. It is so challenging for a beginner. I try to focus on basics, build good habit to work on small position, and trade more often, and stop big loss. 

NCLH stock price

Actionable Items

It is easy for me to make this trading day with some gains. If NCLH has trailing stop at 0.2/ share price drop, then I can purchase back when there is 8% losses. So it is easy for me to have more shares with the same capital. 6% is difference, around $200 dollars. At least I can make 2% gains. 

NCLH stock is very speculating, right now the sail order is due end of September. But right now the coronavirus will take more more for NCLH stock to go up again. 

Being a responsible person in stock market. One idea is to play small size, learn from my own mistakes first. 



No comments:

Post a Comment