Sunday, September 27, 2020

INTC stock: Why I could not make some profit from INTC stock?

 Sept. 27, 2020

Introduction

As an investor, I lost over $600 dollars to purchase and hold on SABR stocks, but compared to SABR, INTC stock is much stronger one with good moat. I still lost more than $500 dollars. As a beginner, I like to write down what lessons I should learn from my experience. What should I do in the next few months as an investor. 

Yahoo finance -> Portfolio


Lessons I should learn 

Here are highlights:

  1. I should control the position size. I did purchase 170 shares of INTC on July 24, 2020. But it went down another 10% and lasted more than one month. 
  2. More on step1, control on building INTC position, using pyramid strategy for example.
  3. After more than one month, the position recovered, and then I sold them with $50 dollar profit;
  4. On Sept. 2, 2020, I got in the position with highest price $52.566. 
  5. I got brain washed since I read Intel buyback 20 billion stock plan; I purchase too many shares once and too high the price. 
  6. On Sept. 8, 2020, I sold low which was too low, $49.23, more than $600 dollars. 
  7. I have to control the timing. Do not sell the shares at too low price. Do not panic. 
  8. Sept. 2 to Sept. 8, market swings - I need to study pullback and learn basics about pullbacks. 
  9. Need to work on planning how to recover loss over months and years. 


No comments:

Post a Comment