Saturday, May 22, 2021

Best research professor in the world | What should I learn from her experience?

May 22, 2021

Introduction

I like to read more about prof. Weina Wang's web page, and then figure out what I should learn from her success story. 

Weina Wang - best talented young professor in CMU

I am an Assistant Professor in the Computer Science Department at Carnegie Mellon University. My research lies in the broad area of applied probability and stochastic systems, with applications in data centers, cloud computing, and privacy-preserving data analytics. Such applications are the backbone of many ever-developing technologies, especially the emerging big-data technology. Enormous challenges are presented by these new technologies, including scalability to large sizes, coordination of data and computation, ultra-low latency, economic efficiency, etc. The goal of my research is to address these challenges, provide a clear understanding of fundamental limits of systems, and build theoretical foundations for designing new architectures and algorithms.

I am co-organizing the SNAPP (Stochastic Networks, Applied Probability, and Performance) seminar series. Check it out and join us on Zoom or YouTube!

No comments:

Post a Comment