Thursday, May 10, 2018

Book reading: Microservices: from design to deployment

May 10, 2018

Introduction


I am so happy to write coding blog every day and also try to practice mock interview as well last 12 months. Now I like to start a new project, I like to learn system design. For example, how to scale a website to allow million people to watch the live matches.

I was so lucky that I had some coaching from my 22 years ago coworker today, we used to be coworkers in Shanghai from 1994 to 1996. He spent 90 minutes to coach me the basic concepts. Here is the list I should learn:

Auto scaling / Continuous integration
Big Data
Container - docker
Elastic search
Hadoop
Jason
Jekins
MapReduce
Microservice
MySQL
Redis
Rest API - state
Spark


Book to read


I was advised to read the book: Microservices: from design to deployment.

Aha, Julia is learning a a topic called 5 reasons to switch to software for load balancing. This system design project is stress free. Just be nice to your ex-coworker, and keep the friendship as long as 24 years. Just be a good student again in 20 minutes reading.

https://www.slideshare.net/Nginx/5-reasons-to-switch-to-software-for-load-balancing



No comments:

Post a Comment