Sunday, February 24, 2019

5 Things I Had to Give Up to Grow My Career

Here is the link.

Options
The silent killer of success

The best decision is to reduce optionality

Job hopping - learn and grow with one team

1. Other people's judgement

Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.
                                        - Lao Tzu

Give other people to manipulate you.

2. Information overload

People today are in danger of drowning in information; but, because they have been taught that information is useful, they are more willing to drown than they need be.

- Idries Shah

3. What I thought I "should" become

Market - least practical decision
Learn how to adjust

4. My own judgement of other people 

It is humbling, to become the very thing you once mocked. - Gillian Flynn

5. My desire to be perfect

The pursuit of perfection is a disguise for insecurity.

- Paulo Coelho





No comments:

Post a Comment