Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Case study: Florida home equity line and my IRA CD

January 14, 2020

Introduction


It is so interesting for me to review my history with a US bank, and what I learned from those years from 2006 to 2019.

I will write more later.

Case study


I knew that I saved near $15,000 IRA CD with the same bank holding my home equity line with $58,000 US dollars.

In order for me to keep the home equity line open, I already took out $38,000 US dollars when I left USA in 2010 April, and property value went down below $58,000 US dollars. I used IRA CD as a hedge to prevent myself get into trouble if the home equity line had to be closed for any reason.

Later in 2011, I got loan approved with the amount of $180,000 with Canada Scotia bank. I did not take the loan.

Overall, it was so complicated situations. My problem is not to invest time to learn personal finance, how to build wealth. Those are great time for me to build wealth, I was in my 40s.

No comments:

Post a Comment