Friday, October 20, 2017

China Open 2017 Quarter Final - Jelena Ostapenko

Oct. 20, 2017

Introduction


I went back to China and spent whole day on Oct. 6 to watch China open, one match I watched is for Jelena Ostapenko to play against Sorana Cirstea, a Romania ranking 37.

My favorite memory is the picture I took in the match. The coach of Ostapenko talked to Ostapenko in the short break of the match.




Quick catch up


Now it is the first day back to Vancouver after the vacation, it is 7:45 PM Oct. 20, 2017. I quickly looked up Ostapenko's coach and catch up more about the coach.

Here is one minute coaching video to show how the coach talked to Ostapenko. I like the coaching style.

One minute video is here called Ostapenko and Anabel Medina Garrigues

Here is the highlight of match - a quaterfinal match in China, I saw myself in the video to watch the game, video 4:18 - 4:20/ 5:06.

Jelena Ostapenko vs Sorana Cirstea Highlights China Open 2017



Actionable Items


I set a new wall paper for my cellular phone starting this Oct. 6, 2017. The picture of China open and the player Ostapenko. Actually it is the picture above I took to show the coach talking to Ostapenko in China Open. It just reminds me everyday no matter how good you are, you are always better to have a coach and get some insights.

Julia, it is better to write down 1 minute coaching from the above video:

Ostapenko and Anabel Medina Garrigues


"The problem is that you are not serving good, 35%; You are making a lot of unforced errors, so we have to, we have to miss (?) less, try to serve better.  0:20/ 0:55, you can play, of course, 6 to 1, do not say that. Do not say that. 0:24/ 0:55 When you are running, try to close the court. Do not open to her. 0:32/ 0:55 What I am doing here, you call me.  Try to complain or try to win the match. Because of that, you call me. Keep fighting, keep fighting. She is no. 6 in the world. She is not giving you the match. She will fight, you fight soon (?). And try to learn, this is good for you. "


No comments:

Post a Comment