Sunday, October 22, 2017

Yichun to Shanghai train trip

Oct. 22, 2017

Introduction


It is less than 5 hours trip from Yichun to Shanghai. I gave myself an assignment while I experienced the travel by taking the high speed train with over 200KM/ hour. The assignment is to evaluate an algorithm lecture note: 2.2 MergeSort by Robert Sedgewick | Kevin Wayne, 5 hours is long enough for me to work on something involving some reading and also not so stressful.

Of course, I like to write a blog to document my review and then help myself to master the algorithm and also it is fun to challenge the best lecture note in the world.

Ticket Study


One thing I noticed on the ticket is the advertisement information. How good it is for the business to thrive in current date. The advertisement is specific for me or for all the customers, interesting to read.

Before the travel back to China, I spent over one hour to study on youtube.com how to travel safely with tips, how to pack clothes and how to organize the trips.

Also based on my last year experience, I sponsored one of sisters to travel to Beijing and toured the city with me. Bible verse I used to guide me for the planning is Ecclesiasters 4:10 For if either of them falls, the one will lift up his companion. but woe to the one who falls when there is not another to lift him up.

Here is the ticket snapshot:

I am learning design principles and art of design, so it is one of my hobby to evaluate how the ticket is organized with so many information. I like to check the layout, and the fonts and then other things later. 


Algorithm lecture note review


It was so much fun to go over lecture notes while I was travelling on the train. But now it is Oct. 22, 2017, 11:44 PM, I need to write down some review notes to help me to master the algorithm.


Page 1 lecture note review


Page 1, five topics for merge sort, can I name all five topics:

1. mergesort
2. bottom-up mergesort
3. sorting complexity
4. comparators
5. stability

Review note: Google "bottom-up mergesort" and see if there is anything interesting on the topic.

Watch 3 minutes video here. Lecture video 23 minutes is here. Stackoverflow question is here. Quora answer is here.

Vocabulary to master:

1. Proposition
2. Proof sketch
3. Recurrence

No comments:

Post a Comment