Saturday, October 21, 2017

Subway to Shanghai pudong airport

Oct. 21, 2017


Introduction


It is a good idea to document things I did in the city of Shanghai, I have to take time to allow myself experience various public transit. One thing I did is to take public transit to Shanghai PuDong airport costing $8 Chinese Yuan compared to take a taxi over $200. From my hotel in west area of city to east side of city, it takes more 20 KM and over 100 minutes to take the subway.

User experience 


A few years ago, my college classmate of Shanghai Jiaotong university class 70141 shared the tip to me. It is better to travel to China in October, usually the summer is the time for parents to take their kids to travel to China for summer break. My classmate is a Ph.D. of university of California, and a principal scientist of broadcom. I took her advice and started to travel every year October starting from 2015. 

I downloaded a map from baidu.com map to show how to transfer from subway line 9 to line 2 and then continue to transfer two times to Pudong airport.

Here is the offline route for the travel. I like to highlight a few things very good for first time user to use this guide, and see how good the design is.




Actionable Item


Evaluate how good badiu.com make a map and direction. Highlight three things I like and the information are helpful for me to travel.

Plan to show the selfie I took when taking the subway. It was so comfortable and I was so relax.






No comments:

Post a Comment