Sunday, October 29, 2017

Women's codeSprint 4: Afraid of the dark - after the contest

Oct. 29, 2017

Introduction


It is time to study the algorithm after the contest. I like to study the editorial note for the algorithm - afraid of the dark. It is an algorithm using BFS, DFS, union-find, greedy algorithm. Time complexity can be O(n).

I felt that I have to start all over again, I could not perform the contest in less than 10 hours, I have to dedicate long hours in order to perform in the contest. How can I dedicate so many hours for a contest? How can I motivate myself to stay focus on problem solving?

The problem I have is that I solve more complicated problem than I should. Based on past experience on contest, the solution should be very simple and no complicated code for the contest, specially for medium level algorithm.


Actionable Item


It is a good idea to take 30 minutes at least every day to go over all the algorithms in Women codesprint #4, spend time to write code for each algorithm.

Plan to write C# code for the algorithm.




No comments:

Post a Comment