Sunday, February 11, 2018

Swift means sweet

Feb. 11, 2018

Introduction


Swift language is chosen by young generation programmers and they like to work on ios app etc. I was explained by the peer through the mock interview. I rated that the peer is one of top performer in my last 160 peers last eleven months.

It is my decision to start a new round of mock interview using ID: beet after I finished the round using ID: apple. I also chose to interview using Swift language, since I practiced one time with a peer using Go, I like to learn new things and stay out of my comfortable zone this round.

This is the first time over 160 mock interview that I met a peer who used Swift in the mock interview. As a matter of fact, he was the first person who asked me to give him time to look at his algorithm before I started to code my algorithm Leetcode 10: regular expression matching.

And also the peer shared his Swift code of Leetcode 10 after I performed my algorithm. And then the peer told me that he solved the problem differently, and I asked him to explain it to me. And then I had chance to learn Swift language from him, and also I had chance to ask question on the implementation. I learned to ask questions and identify the recursion zero time, one time or more than one time in the code. I was so surprised that I just learned a new way to solve the problem. It is an iterative way, and it is to go over pattern string and perfect solution. I really enjoyed the learning.


Swift code


It is kind of sweet for me to learn a new language. I learn starting from my most favorite algorithm. I just could not believe that the teaching and learning can happen so quickly.

Here is the swift code. I added comments to highlight the b* pattern repetition zero time, one time or more than one time.


No comments:

Post a Comment