Sunday, July 1, 2018

Binary search algorithm mishap

July 1, 2018

Introduction


It is one of three mock interviews I did on June 30, 2018. I made a mistake to write wrong statement to get rid of half of number, and then I spent over ten minutes to try to fix the bug, since the web compiler shows the return of array is empty.

What I can tell


It is so interesting to observe how I reacted this bug and what I did those 10 minutes. After more than 10 times to work on the algorithm, over 50 times binary search algorithm practice last 6 months.

Stay humble. Stay simple. Also be confident on C# class List.ToArray(), understand better about empty array console output.

Here is the C# code I wrote with a bug on binary search algorithm, and then I ended up adding Console.WriteLine based on the peer's advice. So fun to review the mistake. What a mishap!

Practice is fun



No comments:

Post a Comment