Wednesday, October 17, 2018

How to become a good programmer?

Oct. 17, 2018

Introduction


It takes so many years for me to finally know how to train myself to be a top programmer. It takes years.

I like to write a blog related to learning experience I had last three months.

Work on easy things first


It is important for me to learn that I should work on as many easy level algorithms as possible. Through those practice, I can build good habits to solve problems every day, write code every day. And also I like to learn various ideas to solve the problem.

I believe that best learner is to learn from the easy things. There are so many things to work on, and it is so easy to advance the algorithm to the hard level one.


Play leetcode weekly contest


I have to push myself hard, and accepty myself for poor results. I have to take part in every contest and also very active to join the discuss after the contest.

I find that it is the way for me to get better and also learn from very good players after the contest.

I am in the stage called hang in there, I just need to join the weekly contest and show the ranking after each contest, and learn quickly after each contest. I need to get more involved in the discuss, and learn from those sharing just after the contest.

Right now, I learn from my Leetcode weekly contest experience. I have some issues sometimes with easy level algorithms; And I also have issues to score hard level algorithms, since there are multiple test cases, I have problems to manage the code in less than one hour for one hard level algorithm.

I need to figure out ways to push myself hard in my daily practice. Now it is too relax compared to the weekly contest.

I believe that it is the way to become a good programmer.



No comments:

Post a Comment