Saturday, December 8, 2018

Case study: My piano lessons in 2000

Dec. 8, 2018

Introduction


I did not know why I came out the idea to learn how to play piano. I used to work in the city of Sunrise for a startup Trendium Inc. I called my Chinese friend in Motorola and asked her daughter's piano teacher. I decided to learn some piano from the teacher.  I like to write a blog about the lessons.

Case study


It was challenge for me to learn to play piano. I bought a touch sense keyboard and bench and support. It costed me over $300 dollars. And then I decided to take some lesson, the lesson was $22 dollar for 45 minutes.

How many lessons did I take? I could not remember. I paid cash and documented the purchase.

Actionable Items


I had to spend time carefully again. Money cannot buy everything. I had limited time and resource, if I could find ways to improve, I better do it by myself.

I remembered that my Chinese friend chose to purchase a used piano with much better condition, and then she chose to find tutor from Lynn university piano major students. She had a MBA degree and worked on business management at that time.

I should learn some basics about finance and economy, and I should spend some time to do a lot of small project and try to reduce cost. One time my Chinese friend in the church invited me to go with her to piano room in FAU music department, there are so many pianos free for people to practice, each has one room.

Always be cautious when I make purchase. Consider if I can try to use free tools to learn and then try small amount first. And also I should try to resell item, consider reselling values as well.

I am not the smartest person. If I can get a job, then I may be lucky. I should take it slow to spend money, and think about long term.



No comments:

Post a Comment