Sunday, September 29, 2019

Do I have refugee mentality?

Sept. 29, 2019

Introduction


It is my personal finance research. I heard the term through the interview of Charlies Dreifus, his parents are German refugee, and he was told that he is risk averse, refugee mentality. I like to talk about refugee mentality, and how I should work on this short research.

Refugee mentality


I do have refugee mentality. When I got my student visa back in 2008 to United States Florida, I have this refugee mentality. I will try to make one thing work out, which is my Canada skilled work immigration.

I told myself to be patient. Work hard and work smart. Try to break into any opportunity if I can.

Life is tough without a work permit like permanent residentship. I also have difficulty to catch up research and be able to progress into Ph.D. level from 2008 to 2010.

From 2010 to 2014, I also tried hard to get Canadian citizenship first. Do not work on other things except the status. I need to be able to have a place retire. I need to settle down, even if I do not think that I can afford a condo in price range of $130,000 Canadian dollars back in 2010 to 2015.

I never have ambition to be a millionaire. Be wealth and grow rich. My mentality is changed after 2001.

Actionable Items


I like to figure out how to hold good mentality. I should keep myself confident, based on facts, statistics, my own performance on problem solving.

One thing is to be independent. Do not rely on other people's opinion. Do my own research. Keep people away if they are not positive and being bully.


No comments:

Post a Comment