Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Can I learn to be a good financial advisor like Meng Li?

Dec. 25, 2019

Introduction


It is my personal finance research. I like to learn from the personal financial advisor I met in Scotia bank, and see how I can be a good business advisor as well. I have to talk to my young sister and show her how to invest on stock market, and I have an elder sister who is retired middle school teacher in Shenzhen as well.

Good financial advisor


I do think that a good personal finance advisor will have to keep learning things. Meng Li told me that I can read website from morningstar.com. Based on her advice, I started to watch youtube.com video from January 2019. I met Meng Li in January 2019.

Meng Li also told me that based on my saving balance, I am a not-traditional Chinese person since my saving is too low compared to my age and work experience.

In May, I invited a few people to go to Kevin O'Leary's show, Li meng did not have time to go. I only had chance to go out with my ex-coworker Jenny Wong, who left a few months later for a US company in downtown, working with me as a coworker six years. Jenny Wong is my coach, she coached me how to read a book, and also be curious to outside world. She reminded me to invest into stock market, since she has two sisters who are software engineers in Vancouver area. They all invest in stock market, and one of them purchased a home recently.

I learn from young generations in Vancouver. Jenny Wong and Meng Li are good examples for me to present and share my experience.

I just wrote a blog to share my experience to have 17% return on Scotia US index fund.

No comments:

Post a Comment