Thursday, December 26, 2019

Case study: Par 401 K 2019 Dec 25 review - capital preservation

Dec. 26, 2019

Introduction


It is painful to review 10 years experience I have with my Par 401 K portfolio. I am a hard working person, but I am not so good to be a self-learner. I did not spend time to study money, personal finance from 2007, even though I have Par 401 K starting from 2007. I chose to sell all my funds in 2009, and then leave the fund as is last 10 years.

Capital preservation


I like to show the report in this blog, also I like to confess that it is so humble to show my naive, lack of finance literacy. I should review and examine my personal finance every Christmas day. It is best time for me to do that, since I am a single person, and I do not have to have a party but I have time to review my finance.



Tell my story


I invested my 401 K $8000 US dollars in 2006 to 2007, and employer matched $800 US dollars. I sold in panic when everything went down. And I did not review my finance decision at all after 2008.

I do not spend time to read investment books, I do not spend time to study market at all. From 2009 to 2019, S & P 500 index goes up more than 300%.

Knowledge is power. It is so important for me to find time to work on learning personal finance. I should leave time for me to read books, and also learn importance to make money through investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment