Thursday, December 26, 2019

What is my risk tolerance and time horizon?

Dec. 26, 2019

Introduction


It is hard for me to learn how to define my risk tolerance and time horizon. I am a 53 years old Canadian citizen, and I have to learn how to define my risk tolerance and time horizon as an investor. I just started to invest on equities from May 2019.

Risk tolerance


I like to take some risk, otherwise I could not support myself even though I work full time last 10 years.

I think that I can take more risk than I should. I need to learn how to invest, not speculation.

From 2010 to 2019, my risk tolerance is zero. I put all money 401 K and IRA into capital preserve or Amtrust bank CD.

Time horizon


I do think that it is important for me to learn to live frugal life style. No travel of road trip, airplane travel, clothing shopping. Keep it minimum. I like to have freedom to have free time, so I can learn how to invest, read books and build good confidence on finance, investment, financial planning.




No comments:

Post a Comment