Sunday, December 29, 2019

My management skills

Dec. 29, 2019

Introduction


It is challenge for me to manage myself. I found out that I have a few things to work on. Stay positive, keep my mindset focus on becoming a millionaire, avoid time consuming project, set up a target.

Deal with my relatives 


I have to learn how to manage my time on wechat, and also how much I should spend on my relatives. I could not control to think about my nephew how he should come to Canada after his first landing. He does not contact me at all, but my two sisters like to talk to me about him. I have to set limits and boundary for things related to my nephew.

I do not have money to purchase a home in Canada, and I work full time last 10 years. But I should learn to solve my problem first.

I set limit to my elder sister last time when she contacted me. Do not waste my time, follow the rules if she likes to contact me.

Mock interviewer


I do not get up early. I had two times to get up 12:00 PM during my holiday break from Dec. 23 - January 3, 2019. So I decided to set up 10:00 AM mock interview in weekends, I did set up two days ago.

I have to learn from interviewees, and push myself to work hard on algorithm and data structure as well. I also set up as an interviewer for system design.

How to manage my time? 


I learn from my experience in 2019. I spent almost 500 hours to learn personal finance and investment, so that I know the value of my time. I setup my portfolios, which has $5000 unrealized gain through investment.

I also went to San Francisco in August 2019 for onsite interview. The value of interview can not be measured by the dollar amount. I have confidence to push myself hard to be a best engineer in the world.

In terms of dollar amount, the onsite interview costs $1500 US dollars. Here is the blog about the expense.

Above two cases help me realize that my time has value. 2018 my investment on stock market has less than $200 investment value.

Books to read



I have to spend time to read a book. This week I am reading the book called "the Boglehead's guide to investing". I make a unrealized profit $5000 dollars from my portfolios set up January, May 2019.

The only way I can learn how to cope with bear market is to read more books about investment, and then I can learn better how to invest long term.


Actionable Items


I can not get loan to purchase a home in Canada, because I do not have more than 20% down payment. But one thing I can control is to learn how to invest on stock market, so my passive income can increase to cover my rental expense and other expenses.

500 hours to invest in learning investment
$5000 unrealized gain in investment portfolios, I learned to take some risk
____________________________________________________________
$10/ hour for those 500 hours in 2019

I just need to learn how to set up my asset allocation, evaluate the risk, how to control my emotions to prevent common behavior finance mistakes.

I spent hundreds of hours to help my nephew to land in May as a Canadian new immigrant. But most of time was wasted. I have to learn to discipline him, so I will not consider his project until one year, next May 2020.

I spent over two years to work on my nephew's immigration project hundreds of hours.  I filed the case by myself, and coordinated the project with them as well from 2016 to 2019.



No comments:

Post a Comment