Thursday, June 25, 2020

Leetcode post: Requesting guidance from those who solved 1000+ Leets so far!

June 25, 2020
Here is the link. 

Thank you for good question.
I wish that I can solve 1000 algorithms one day. I am so busy to go through learning in personal finance, stock investment etc. So I took a break almost from January to June 2020.
I only solved 468 algorithms and I did spend over six years. Over years I learn my most favorite teaching method - Harvard business school case study method. So I share every practice I work on starting from 2019 August.
I choose to work on easy level algorithms first since I got a private coach for 1000 minutes, he gave me the advice. I had tough time to master tree algorithms, so I asked the lowest common ancestor tree algorithm over two months back in 2019. I did find my issues, since I document every practice, ugly ones showed up and I learned backtracking starting from my bad practice on the algorithm.
I am preparing for Facebook phone screen in July 2020. Now I am rushing to take Leetcode mock interview as many as I can next two weeks. I start to solve new algorithms through mock interviews. Also I learn the importance to solve those mock interview algorithms. I have to maintain my performance by solving in limit time, beat 90% others if I can. Right now, I still take too long to work on an easy level algorithm, problem to trouble shoot bugs in my code. I need more practice regularly.
I will try to solve another 100 algorithms in two weeks. Another 500 algorithms will take me a long time. But I do think that most of important is to teach and share, and work together with top talents in the world. I interview on interviewing dot io as interviewer. Learning from top talent engineers is much better way to push myself, stay connected to the world as a software engineer.

No comments:

Post a Comment