Thursday, June 18, 2020

OVV.TO stock: My first purchase of stock in 2020 and first sell as well

June 18, 2020

Introduction

It is my quick decision to sell OVV.TO stocks and I like to write a short blog about my thought process. 

OVV.TO stock 90% price drop

It is the first stock I decided to purchase in 2020. I did purchase 100 shares, but I did not follow up with any more shares and talked and showed off its 300% return in next two months. 

I understood that it is so surprising to learn the lesson from this real experience. I did not learn the passive income, I got into 9 year bull market in 2019 May, and all my positions near $100,000 dollars on SPX 2900 to SPX 3300. But in lowest point SPX 2200 on March 20, I was afraid to purchase stocks. I only purchased $2000 dollars on March 27, 2020. I was scared about a friend gambling comment, hurt me in long run since I took risk to purchase bankruptcy oil stocks on March 27, 2020. 

I remembered that cry and tears I had a few years ago when US government closed the office. I was afraid not to have a job in Canada. 

I had same sufferings as well back this March. Since I learned how to work with my hay fever, coughing, sneezing, and running nose day and night. I was scared by people in the office scared, I took two weeks vacation after March 29, and then one more week vacation after I came back when the stock rebound 100%.

I learned that I did not prepare very well as million USA retail investors do. 

Do not check those professional wealth managers and their opinions. I should care about how tough it is to hold a job in 10 years, and then stress to make a living. 

My purchase and sell 


No comments:

Post a Comment