Saturday, February 3, 2018

60 minutes to reach out the community

Feb. 3, 2018

Introduction


It is the best time in the morning for me to reach out the community, I had 10:00 AM mock interview and I met a young graduate student in United States, and then I had to work with her to find a solution using binary search. Based on my past practice, it is very easy for me to give out some practical advise. I also enjoyed the learning process of Java programming language.

Code review


The idea used in the code is to find the pivot index in the array, the element's value is smaller than previous one, or it is the first one in the array.

After the pivot index is found, the normal binary search can be applied.

The Java code is here, I reviewed the code to remove index-out-range bug in binary search algorithm.

Java Array.binarySearch API end index is exclusive, so the peer fixed the bug to add one in the input arguments.

After the mock interview, the peer told me that she really likes the mock interview experience. She learned a few things from me. Also I shared the website called frontendmasters.com to her.

It is amazing that the new master graduate student is aiming to web development, and learn react framework and try to use mean stack to do development.

No comments:

Post a Comment