Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Being an interviewer: Leetcode 84: Largest rectangle in histogram

April 10, 2018

Introduction


It is my favorite algorithm and it is hard level algorithm in Leetcode.com. I chose this algorithm to interview a friend met on mock interview. He is preparing next week Google onsite, and I gave him another hour mock interview.

I practiced the algorithm recently, but I found out that I still missed something important. The optimal time complexity is O(n), and it has to use stack to save the index of rectangle left boundary when ascending. The stack is always keeps non-descending heights. Here is the link for my past practices.

Learning is fun


The peer is very organized and also very good at explaining the algorithm. I specially like the way he structured the content.

Here is the script for the mock interview.


No comments:

Post a Comment