Sunday, April 1, 2018

How to be a good interviewer?

April 1, 2018

Introduction


I like to do a small research how to be a good interviewer. I learn to be an interviewer by myself, I got a bad feedback when I mock interviewed a person anonymously no video from Singapore with over 6 years experience a few days ago. I gave the algorithm called Leetcode 152: Maximum subarray product. Because I did not want to give all hints out to solve the problem, the interviewee wrote an idea with so buggy code using checking negative elements. At the end of 45 minutes, both of us did not learn anything. The interviewee did not learn anything from the mock interview, I also got bad feedback.

So in order to make mock interview learning experience, I choose to give out all hints and sometimes I make it a tutoring session.

Deletion distance


On March 31, 2018, I gave the peer a mock interview using deletion distance. So I decided to step in and worked on the algorithm together, discussed how to approach the dynamic programming algorithm together.





No comments:

Post a Comment