Thursday, September 19, 2019

Case study: My expenses report to San Francisco Facebook onsite trip

Sept. 19, 2019

Introduction


It is my personal finance research. I like to do a case study how I spent money and time on onsite trip to San Francisco 3 days trips.

Case study


I just got noticed that on Sept. 18, 2019, my expenses has been approved and also the amount is already deposited into my US chase bank account.

I like to do a case study, and look into how I should do better in order to be a financial responsible person.

The maximum amount for international candidate is $500 US dollars, my expense is $302.00 dollars. I think that I stayed in budget, 60% of maximum amount. Great job.

After the trip, I also got a free Linkedin 6 month premium account from the friend I met on this trip. It is important for me to learn that I should behave my best as a friend, support those friends even though they are much more successful in their career already.

Here is my folder on github repository.

Car rental: $165.35 (include gas I spent)
Parking: $52.00 (Pullman hotel)

Other expenses


I like to document my expenses of ticket and hotel as well. The pullman hotel is such a place to stay, compared to the four star hotel in Seattle on June 8, 2018's expense $450.00 us dolars one night, this one costs less.

My airline ticket expenses


Total expenses:

$493.83  hotel
$731.44  airline ticket
$302.00  rental car and other expenses

In total, $1537.27

Lessons I learned


Most of important I learned is that people were waiting to meet me, and evaluate how good I can code and also design system. I should ensure them I travel safe and on schedule, and also notify the recruiter I arrive the hotel. Just be polite and keep in touch all the time.

I should not worry about at all about missing flight. MPK park is only less than 20 miles away from the international airport. It only take me less than 30 minutes driving on highway, less than 10 minutes to return the car.

I learn that I should focus on more on performance of my coding interview, and ensure that I pushed myself to the limit, test my own code, try to break the code, and focus on task to make the code perfect instead.

rental car two days: 80 miles, $9.99/ gallon, cost $13.86 dollar for gas.
SF international airport -> MPK Facebook hq building 19 miles
223 Twin Dolphin Drive - stanford university campus 10 miles one way

3 hours - Stanford university campus visit, August 19
less than 3 hours - Dinner with friends in Sichun restaranaut - 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
Swimming - 1.5 hours on August 18, 1.0 hours on August 19
Gym - 2 hours on August 19
Lunch break meet a friend - one hour on August 19

No comments:

Post a Comment