Monday, September 28, 2020

Case study: Good faith - FB stock purchase violation incident

Sept. 28, 2020

Introduction

I planned to work on MRO and OXY stock purchase and then set up trailing stop this morning. And I noticed that I got one violation recently. If I have another two violations, then my good faith will no longer available. It is my retirement account in USA. I have to spend time to work on case study for FB violation incident. 

My purchase history 

Here is my violation letter. 

I do believe that I learned to practice trailing stop, and then my account did not have cash available since those sold INTC 200 shares on Sept. 8, 2020 not settled until two business day. 

Based on good faith, I could use those cash to purchase FB and MSFT stock, but I sold it in less than two business day. INTC 200 shares not settled yet. 

I need to plan better again with those trades carefully. 




No comments:

Post a Comment