Saturday, September 26, 2020

How do I know that I gamble on Canadian oil stocks from August 31 to Sept 26, 2020?

 Sept. 26, 2020

Introduction

It is helpful for me to review my own experience. It is not easy for me to figure out that I gambled on stock market, and ignore all other signals of market downward spiral warnings. To be a gambler, it is easy and straightforward. I like to write down lessons I learn from my own experience. 

Investment -> speculation -> gambling 

I went back to invest on stock market from May 2019. It took me two months preparation to setup again on TFSA account and also Ameritrade account. 

I started from passive investment and then this March 2020 market crash, I waited and fully recovered on June 8. I like to invest on individual stocks by myself. I started my journey. It is gambling experience overall. 

First $13,000 dollars purchase on June 8, 2020

I spent over $13,000 dollars to purchase over 20 stocks, and then started my journey. It was not so surprising and I lost over $1000 dollars, and then started to learn how to manage my portfolio in stock market. 

August 31, 2020

I did start to purchase over $50,000 dollars Canadian oil stocks in one day. I thought that it is easy, just did what I did on July 31, 2020. I got gains over $3000 dollars on July 31 over $30,000 dollars positions on Canadian oil stocks, HSE.TO, CSE.TO, IMO.TO, PPL.TO, SU,TO, AC.TO etc.. 

But this time it was $600 gain next day. I was not happy, I did not sell all gains. And then I started to lose money, I did purchase lower price with more fund. 

Gambling is not easy to tell. But I think that it is dangerous for me to play with all my 10 years savings. It can go away easily. My July 31, 2020's gain is $3154.00, my August 31, 2020's loss is $6652.00. I think  in long term investor's mindset, if the loss is less than my gain $4500, then I will stay as long term investor and wait for rebound. 

I am lucky since I only play Canada oil stocks, with more than 2 billion capital business. 

Video content for the blog

This is the first time I like to prepare video content for my blog. I think that it will save my time to learn and be a good investor in short future. 

Here is the link using Cloudapp. I spent one minute to explain my investment experience. 


Here is youtube link. 

Actionable items

Followed up on Dec. 11, 2020

It is so surprising to learn so many things after I wrote the blog. I do think that the risk of investing is hard to measure for a beginner like me. I wish that I could do much better and then really hold those stock longer until all of them rebounded. 


No comments:

Post a Comment