Friday, September 25, 2020

NCLH stock: My lousy gambler - an investor - short story

 Sept. 25, 2020

Introduction

I came cross the article talking about betting on returning on sail end of Sept. 2020. So I started to bet on NCLH stocks, I like to write down my lessons and what I can think about how to do do better. It is hard for me to play downward spiral market. I lost near $500 when I first placed NCLH bet, next day some rebound, and then another loss which was Sept. 24. Today it is Sept 25. The story can be helpful for me to train myself to think better. 

NCLH stock







I did purchase quickly when I had over $12,000 dollars cash in my account, I purchased NCLH, and then also AAL stocks as well, next day there was over $400 dollars loss. I purchased when the market crashed. 

Sept. 18, last Friday - crash - is downward - denoted as No. 1



Sept. 24, this Thursday - second downward - morning hour first hour, denoted as No. 2


I lost $27 dollars in short investments. Here are highlights of lessons:

  1. At first, I purchased 200 shares of NCLH stock once. I should start from small shares, like 50 shares; I bought after crashes on Sept. 18, 2020. It is in one of series crashes in last seven days. 
  2. NCLH went down over $1.50 cents, my loss of 200 shares is near $300 dollars.
  3. On Sept. 24, 2020, there was one hour crash, and NCLH went down $14.36/ share. I purchased another 40 shares. At that time, my cash account had $4000 dollars, I also tried to purchase SAVE, AAL, I was not sure if NCLH would be 9% rebound next morning. I just told myself, do not gamble, buy low and sell high. Do not risk everything. I need those retirement money. 
  4. At that time, I was struggling in my TFSA account, over $800 dollars loss in revenge bet. 
  5. I should bet on NCLH, cruise line, I have some cash over $30,000 US dollars in my TFSA, I should bet on short rebound, even though TFSA will have 30% tax on return. 
  6. It is better for me to sell all other positions in my Ameritrade.com, and bet on NCLH rebound. 
It is tough for me to see my balance went down from $20,500 in less than two weeks, down to $19,500, and then down to $18,800 dollars. 

I like to write down lessons I learn, and how to invest and know where to play, how to set up positions properly. NCLH is the great business in the world, every day average volume is over 5,000,000 shares. 

Finviz about NCLH - over 8000 employees


I only write for 12 people wechat small group. I spent half hour to put together my thoughts. It is hard but it takes some risk, and do not think about long term. Focus on short term momentum, bet on investor selloff, not rational, and try to reason that it is good for long term return on NCLH. 

Since NCLH stock may go up $10/ share once there is any good news about corona virus or vaccine. Now it is on the plan to recovery. 

It is not 100% gamble. It is still investment. For short term benefit or long term benefit. 



No comments:

Post a Comment