Wednesday, September 27, 2017

C# tutorial (II)

Introduction



I start from the first page of A tour of C# today. I spent one hour to study the book again, and then I did some research on the argument in the page 1. Here is the statement:

To ensure that C# programs and libraries can evolve over time in a compatible manner, much emphasis has been placed on versioning in C#’s design. Many programming languages pay little attention to this issue, and, as a result, programs written in those languages break more often than necessary when newer versions of dependent libraries are introduced. Aspects of C#’s design that were directly influenced by versioning considerations include the separate virtual and overridemodifiers, the rules for method overload resolution, and support for explicit interface member declarations.

C# tutorial 


I google using keyword "versioning in C#'s design", and I read a few articles. 

Stackoverflow link is here by Eric Lipert, and read one blog called Not every IEnumerable is Object

Next, I like to google what language lacks of versioning in C#'s design, Java? Or C++? I am very interested to find out.

Will come back with more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment