Thursday, April 25, 2019

Case study: How to build my portolio?

April 25, 2019

Introduction


It is my personal finance research. I like to set up my portfolio and one of ideas is to put money into different funds.

My portfolio

Par tech 401 K

I need to set up my par tech 401 K into TBRCX, FXAIX $6,200 dollars. I like to put into the market in next month, hopefully there is one more year bull market before the market crashes.

I like to actively manage the fund allocation, I like to purchase
TBRCX - $3000.00
FXAIX  - $3000.00

If the price falls, then I will purchase more using my Canada cash to dollar cost average the risk. If the price continues to rise, then I will sell 10% profit and put into bond into my par tech 401K.

IRA Ameritrade

I need to transfer my IRA CD from 1.2% 6 year term into Ameritrade. I like to build those $20,000 asset allocation in the following:

One of consideration is to purchase Vanguard total bond fund, and then put rest of them into Vanguard total market index fund, Vanguard retirement fund 2040.

I know that market is high right now, I may think about 60% on bond fund, 40% on those Vanguard total market, and retirement 2040.

$12,000  VBMFX, bond fund
$3,000    VTSMX, vanguard total market index fund
$3,000    VFORX, 2040 fund

If the market crashes, I will sell VBMFX bond fund, and then purchase more 2040 fund and VTSMX fund.

Rental property management


I need to learn how to manage the risk and serve better the community of Chinese attending FAU in the city of Boca Raton.


Rental in the city of Vancouver


I like to enjoy the frugal living life style and stay as a minimalist.

Canada portfolio

I also like to build $30,000 Canada dollars portfolio. The idea is to invest into VBMFX bond fund.

I like to practice dollar cost average strategy, and also like to take advantage of low value of Canada dollar compared to US dollar.


Stock purchase


 I also like to purchase individual stocks, and try to find 20 stocks to hold in long term. I like to learn to find those stocks to hold long term in next 30 years.




No comments:

Post a Comment