Friday, April 26, 2019

Case study: online code assessment preparation

April 26, 2019

Introduction


It is so challenging for me to prepare online code assessment. I have to push myself hard to prepare, one idea is to work on mock interview on Leetcode.com.

My preparation 


Here are the algorithms I worked on from April 18 to April 22, 2019. I worked on a few random set algorithms, one mock interview I solved two algorithm, second one I did not solve any of those two. I was so surprised to learn the fact that I need to work hard and quickly master those basic algorithms again.

I chose to use those mock interview algorithms to test my problem solving status. I had chance to use those 38 algorithms to help me prepare for online assessment.

Total random set number is 28. I exhausted all random set algorithm in the first two categories, online assessment and phone interview.

13 easy 22 medium 3 hard

Easy level

20. Valid Parentheses
66. Plus One
101. Symmetric Tree  
125. Valid Palindrome
155. Min Stack
160. Intersection of Two Linked Lists
171. Excel Sheet Column Number
206. Reverse Linked List
242. Valid Anagram
387. First Unique Character in a String
680. Valid Palindrome II
953. Verifying an Alien Dictionary
977. Squares of a Sorted Array

Medium level

15. 3Sum
17. Letter Combinations of a Phone Number
31. Next Permutation
33. Search in Rotated Sorted Array
43. Multiply Strings
49. Group Anagrams
56. Merge Intervals
75. Sort Colors
79. Word Search
102. Binary Tree Level Order Traversal
139. Word Break
165. Compare Version Numbers
199. Binary Tree Right Side View
223. Rectangle Area
235. Lowest Common Ancestor of a Binary Search Tree
322. Coin Change
402. Remove K Digits
540. Single Element in a Sorted Array
567. Permutation in String
791. Custom Sort String
833. Find And Replace in String
909. Snakes and Ladders


Hard level

140. Word Break II
282. Expression Add Operators
895. Maximum Frequency Stack


Actionable Items



In order to prepare Microsoft online code assessment on April 23, I went over over 20 random set mock interview algorithms on Leetcode.com. I stuck on a few algorithms, easy medium and hard level.

The preparation is also helpful for me to improve my weekly contest performance.

I do not have time to write code for every algorithm. I just choose to spend 5 to 10 minutes and see if I can come out the idea how to solve the problem. And then I terminate the interview and quickly look up the algorithm and solution on Leetcode.com

I put together a github page called online assessment preparation

Here are the random set with algorithms I worked on. 



I use over 15 set algorithms to prepare myself to work on various algorithms.


















No comments:

Post a Comment