Sunday, April 21, 2019

Why a programmer needs to work on at least 4 algorithms daily?

April 21, 2019

Introduction


It is my personal research how to advance myself to top programmer in the world. I study my Leetcode weekly contest performance last six months and also review my emotion to take code assessment in March 2019, and also mock interview online practice. I like to make a statement that performance is like muscle, you have to keep workout to maintain it.

At least 4 algorithms

What are those days like from Nov. 2018 to April 2019? I do not need to work on 4 algorithms a day in 2 algorithm/ one hour format. No pain no gain.

Life will be easy sometimes as a programmer. But it is not exciting as the one with two hours challenging of problem solving.

I do not need to think hard and get frustrated, and mess up API to try to make things work. But I cannot advance myself although I already solve 390 algorithm on Leetcode.com, and also I solved over 100 algorithm on Hackerrank.com contests.

I need to get into mock interview code screen to warm up every day, work on four algorithms. Get frustrated, maybe it is easy level one I solved before, maybe it is a hard level algorithm I cannot solve it at all. I need to put myself under stress, and also under the limit of one hour. Sometimes I am lucky to solve two algorithm in 30 minutes.

It is also a good practice for me since I need to get myself focus on algorithm and also learn how to be a good problem solver.



No comments:

Post a Comment