Friday, November 1, 2019

2019 review: when to write code?

Introduction



It is the habit for me to write code once a week at least. Sometimes I just like to warm up my problem solving skills, so I spend a few hours to study, read some algorithms, and then try out using C#. I know that my life is so simple in 2019. I choose to have a simple life, work on personal finance research, and then from March to August, I was busy with Amazon, Microsoft code screen, online assessment, mock interview on interviewing.io, and then onsite interview preparation, system design study.

When to code


I do believe that it is important for me to learn system design. But I know that if every one can learn system design, what is good about me doing it. I have to push myself to work on my crafting skills. I like to work on algorithm and data structure, go through easy level algorithms first, and then write code. I played weekly contest as well from January to July almost every week.

Sometimes I have some issues related to time management. I do not notice and then I do not have time reserved for coding. I prefer to code in weekends or evening, but I notice that I have to spend time in weekends to go out, play sports and other activities. Evening is good time but I should not stay late passing midnight, it is not healthy.

One algorithm a time


I also like to push myself work on one algorithm a time. Do not just write C# code. I should write JavaScript code as well, I was a good Javascript programmer. I should learn to write using Python as well.

Do not just write C# code for an algorithm. Write a post to share on leetcode.com as well. Stay organized, put all practice in record.

No comments:

Post a Comment