Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Stock portfolio: Sept 1, 2020 - Day one

 Sept. 1, 2020

Introduction

It is time for me to learn how to manage my investment portfolio. I like to do a short review of my portfolio. 

Stock portfolio


It is so exciting for me to build an investment portfolio on August 31, 2020. I almost spent all my 10 year full time savings and then I like to get some returns from this portfolio. 

Risk is hard to manage as a beginner. There is a market risk. If market crashes before US president election, or there is big down turn in September, then I will have to plan to cut losses around 7 or 8 percent. 

Otherwise I like to see if I can manage the portfolio over one month, and expect those oil stocks will have same performance from July 31 to August 31, so I can sell and make gains around $5000 to $6000 dollars. 

This is the first time I take risk to invest same day all those $62,000 dollars, and then expect to get some return. 

One thing is to expect some good news about coronavirus, the market will go up quickly to celebrate like Abott $5 dollars 15 minutes coronavirus test. 

Actionable Items


On Sept. 1, 2020, the portfolio has over $300 dollars gains. I should sell the profit and then set up purchases, so those shares can be purchased back. 

My original plan is to let the portfolio go up with more than $2,000 dollars gains, and then sell some of positions. But without good news, the stock price does not go up very much. 





No comments:

Post a Comment