Saturday, October 26, 2019

How to work with young engineers?

Oct. 26, 2019

Introduction


It is my dream job to join Amazon or Facebook in 2019, but how can I work with people in my 50s, how to handle the age gap?

Case study


I like to do some short case study by reviewing last 3 mock interviews from Oct. 21 - Oct. 25, 2019.

One thing is to push myself to go for the manager position. Or just stay as an engineer, but with more experience how to handle stress, uncertainty, and rich experience to do better project management.

Let me go back to talk about reality.

I did interview engineers last week. I came cross the top 10 percent engineer who is Ph.D. graduate and work full time. I also met a graduate from top 20 university, with a few years experience working on Uber, and last Friday I met an engineer who went to Google onsite, and prepare Facebook onsite. All three engineers are female, and also work in Silicon Valley.

One thing I learned from them is how to explain their problem solving process, how to calm and analyze clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment