Thursday, February 14, 2019

Eight year nine months

Feb. 14, 2019

Introduction


It is my personal finance research. I like to write a blog to celebrate my current job eight years nine months.

Eight year nine months


I have been on my current job eight year nine months. I like to write down a few things I learn through those years.

I worked on Amazon code screen in 2014. I wrote really bad and sloppy code in 2014. I started to push myself to learn and be a more competitive programmer.

Interviews


Here are some facts.

2006 GM onsite interview
2006 Siva-> Par Siva -> startup experience 16 months experience
2008 Microsoft onsite interview
2009 Microsoft phone screen. Here is the blog called possible triangle.

I started the programmer job from June 2010.

Microsoft
A phone screen from Microsoft 2012. Here is the algorithm
A phone screen from Microsoft 2014. Here is the algorithm, I got some advise from a principal engineer from Microsoft.
A phone screen from Microsoft 2015. Here is the blog.
Microsoft code screen on April 2016. The algorithm blog is here.
Phone screen with Microsoft Vancouver Oct. 2017.
Code screen with Microsoft Seattle in July 2018

Amazon
A code screen from Amazon in 2014.
A code screen from Amazon in March (passed one, but failed one)
A phone screen from Amazon in May 4, 2016
A code screen from Amazon in May 13, 2016 (passed two algorithms)
My first onsite with Amazon in June 2016 in the city of Vancouver.
Amazon phone screen in January 2017
Amazon code screen in July 2017 (passed two algorithms)
My second onsite with Amazon in June 2018 in the city of Seattle.

Facebook
An face-to-face interview with Facebook in January 2015 in the city of Vancouver. I learned that I had so much stress and did not know how to communicate at all. Here is the blog.
Phone screen with Facebook Seattle in July 31, 2018.

Google
My first phone screen with Google in April 2017. I developed strong interest into heap data structure, here are blogs.

Global Relay
2017 phone screen

Copperleaf
2017 phone screen



Pramp.com
Over 300 phone interview practice on pramp.com

Interviewing.io
Over 100 phone interview as an interviewer on interviewing.io.

I have chance to meet top talent people in the world. And starting from January 2018, every week I reserve 4 times a week at 10:00 PM to discuss with people on algorithm and data structure using interviewing.io.

My personal finance


I started to work on my personal finance research from Nov. 2018. I know how to do a good job for myself to learn personal finance, start to build good personal finance habit from Nov. 2018.

I tried to document my expenses, and then I learn that I should push myself hard to learn the basics of personal finance.

I think that it is more important to learn personal finance compared to algorithm and data structure; I have to learn how to solve my personal finance problem. I need to push myself to grow rich and build wealth.

With a full time job, I should push myself to save as much as I can. Time is almost running out!

My philosophy


I like to train myself hard on algorithm and data structure. I need to go back to work on coding every hour, solve a medium level algorithm every hour every day.

What I like to do is to build wealth and grow rich. I like to learn personal finance and investment, and I like to continue to work on data structure and algorithm practice as well.

I do believe that the experience I have related to software development will be my asset, I can easily adapt those skills and perseverence into my personal finance, investment, rental business, and IRA accounts management, and other area related to relatives, helping young generation etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment