Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Christmas day - new tradition (series 2 of 10)

Dec. 25, 2019

Introduction


It is my new tradition to work on my investment on Christmas day. I have to calm down, and review the portfolio, and make a plan for next year. This second one is my Scotia US index fund I set up in January 2019.

My portfolio


I make an appointment with Scotia bank about home loan application, and then I made the purchase of Scotia US index fund. At that time, I knew the stock market crashed 20%. So I thought that it is a good time to get in the market.

I have to build good habit to save all the statements monthly, and also act as a hard-working self-learner in investment, personal finance. And also I like to push myself figure out how to advance my expertise in this area. The good idea is to blog my experience and share with others, and then I can spot big issues later on.

Actionable Items


I should review the fund through Scotia website, right now my return is 17.41%, profit is $711.64, and book value is 4067.16.

I should write an email to thank Li Meng, a Waterloo university math graduate; She persuaded me to purchase Scotia fund, originally I asked loan information. She is so sweet and hard working professional.

If there is a dip in 2020 like 20%, then I should open a portfolio, make purchase $1000 to $1500 dollars.



No comments:

Post a Comment