Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Software engineer position with $190,000 US dollars/ year

Dec. 31, 2019

Introduction


It is my personal finance research. I like to bring open discussion how to compete those $190,000 US dollars/ year SDE II bottom mark in the city of Seattle.

Salary jump 


There are huge difference from software programmer in Vancouver, and low end of software programmer makes $33,000 US dollars/ year. Over $150,000 US dollars are the difference.

Recently I talked to one of mock interviewees, and understood that it took less than two year from an undergraduate to be promoted to SDE II position. The total package in Seattle for SDE II is close to $190,000 US dollars.

240 algorithms 


I like to push myself to solve another 240 algorithms. I solved 460 algorithms, so if I can push myself to solve another 240 algorithm, every month I solve 50 algorithms, so I can complete 700 algorithms on Leetcode.com.

It is so hard for me and all candidates to improve system design or communication. Only viable solution is to work on more algorithms, so that a person with 700 solved algorithms will have more confidence in terms of problem solving using algorithm and data structure.




No comments:

Post a Comment