Thursday, December 26, 2019

Christmas day - new tradition (series 3 of 10)

Dec. 26, 2019

Introduction


It is hard for me to tell which website is better, Ameritrade or Charles Schwab. I have portfolio in both companies, and Charles Schwab purchased Ameritrade recently. What I like to do is to review my Key largo portfolio. I have to get familiar with all features in the website.

Performance


I like to go to Cost basics -> Unrealized Gain/ Loss

I like to memorize all those captions:

Long positions
Totals (Cost, Mkt value, Gain($), Gain (%))
Symbol
Description
Qty
Open date
Cost per share
Cost
Last
Mkt value
Gain ($)
Gain (%) Term

Short positions
Totals: Proceed, Mkt value, Gain($), Gain(%)

Dividends
Here is the shortcut to find dividends, it takes me a few minutes to find the link:
History & Statements -> Transactions -> Dividends



Actionable Items


Based on my understanding, the dividend of S & P 500 index is almost 2% in 2019.

I should not pay attention too much on market value. All I care about is to beat the inflation, and also have growth with the market. If the market goes down, then it is time for me to invest more equity to make more wealth in the future. I should not worry about the market value for my retirement account, because I will not withdraw early (59 year old).




No comments:

Post a Comment