Tuesday, December 24, 2019

Stay optimistic and embrace the bear market in 2020

Dec. 24, 2019

Introduction


It is my personal finance research. I found out in March 2019 that I missed 10 year bull market from 2010 to 2019. At the beginning, I had some anxiety and felt depressed since I learned that I missed basic book keeping, I had to review all my citi bank credit card statements from 1996 to 2019 first. I have to learn personal finance basics first. I like to write down my journey from May 2019 to December 2019.

May - December 2019


I think that I did great job this May after a short research about market, I set up multiple portfolio to invest index ETFS (S & P 500, bonds). From May 2019 to Dec 24, 2019, my market value from all my portfolio is $5000 dollars more than my book value, 5% profit. I have to go through emotions, and discipline myself to invest long term from 7 to 10 years. 

Also I learn the important to enjoy simple life. Be frugal and I do not need to take vacations to go out of Vancouver area. I should be happy since I do not waste money on housing, I enjoy to live close to downtown Vancouver.

Next bear market


I do believe that a lot of people will get super rich since next bear market. Because people with good education of personal finance, investment will make purchase value stocks and then hold until the market gets out correction.

But if bear market comes in 2020, I will figure out a lot of opportunities, and will see the market value of my 10 year full time saving loses 30% value. But I do think that it is important to hold portion of market, US economy, not just think about market value itself. I have to think about long term, how to build wealth, and grow rich from 2019 to 2016. I will grow from 53 years old to 60 years old.







No comments:

Post a Comment