Saturday, December 7, 2019

Do not time the market

Dec. 7, 2019


Introduction


It is such painful experience for me to review my personal finance. I sold everything in stock market in 2009, and then leave my 401 K and IRA CD from 2009 to May 2019. I just could not believe the pain and sufferings I experienced when I reviewed those financial records in early year of 2019. 


Below average as an investor


I just could not believe that I was below the average as an investor. I was busy with church, full time work in Canada, weight-control, vacation, hiking, my health and my rental property management. 


Reading 


I spent time to read the article called Reader case: when to time the market. I just copy and paste some sentences here. 

"That’s what I always recommend. Don’t try to time the market. At best, you’ll stress yourself silly trying to hit the optimal inflection point. And at worst, you’ll get paralyzed and leave it all in your checking account forever, like AA seemingly has."

No comments:

Post a Comment